Magento: CMS pages in a tree structure

A recurring request on Magento projects is to manage content pages in a tree structure. Indeed, some “flat pages” are not very annoying but when we reached a few dozen pages, it may be useful to organize the pages in a hierarchical way to navigate more easily. This is where the extension Clever CMS (developed by me) comes to our aid and we will discover how to use it throughout this post.

Clever CMS is now hosted on GitHub:

1. Magento 1.6+: (master branch)
  2. Magento 1.4.x, 1.5.x: (1.2 branch)

Principle of operation

The Clever CMS extension does not remove your existing CMS pages. It simply creates a table cms_page_tree for content and a table cms_page_permission for user groups permissions. The table of contents will be initialized with the home page as the first level and all other pages under it, as a second level pages then. A picture worth a thousand words, here is what your tree should look like if you installed the extension without having touched the CMS pages present by default in Magento:

Important : Clever CMS manages one tree per store view. This is a deliberate choice because in most cases, we use a store view for a specific language.

Content management

If we know a little Magento, we see that there is already a default management tree categories in the catalog. The interface is rather intuitive and efficient using drag and drop so I based it to manage pages. You will therefore not be confused by the user experience as it works exactly the same way.

With drag and drop you can:

• move a page or a tree of pages (in the scope of your store view),
  • sort your pages.

To create a page, simply click on the parent page in the tree and click the “Add Page” button. Then you fill the information on your page as you did before. Only one field was added, this is “Url Key” which provides the ability to manually manage the URL to your page. The procedure is described in the following section.

Urls management

By default, if you do not specify a url key explicitly, it will be generated automatically from the “Name” field. The final url to your page will be built by concatenating each key from the root page url to the target page. This gives for example: for a page found in “Home > FAQ > Clever CMS > How it works ?”.

Important: if you change the url key of a page, a 301 redirection will be created for your old url that points to the new. This feature can be disabled in “System > Configuration > Content Management > Clever CMS > Create Permanent Redirect for URLs if URL Key Changed.”

If you wish, you can restrict access to certain pages for certain user groups. By default the option is disabled, but to activate it you simply have to change the value in “System > Configuration > Content Management > Clever CMS > Enable permissions”. The management interface is accessible from the menu “CMS > Pages > Manage Permissions” and looks like this:

Important: when creating a page, it is automatically accessible by the user group NOT_LOGGED_IN but none of the other groups, you must change the permissions accordingly.

The Clever CMS extension has been tested and is compatible with the following Magento versions: 1.4.x, 1.5.x and 1.6.x Even if your existing pages are not deleted or modified, it is always prudent to back up your database before installing.

If the extension does not give you full satisfaction for any reason, simply uninstall it or delete it and you will find the pages that you had before extension installation.

Clever CMS provides easy content tree management and has the following advantages:

• installation is quick and trivial,
  • intuitive interface with drag and drop,
  • flexibility in managing URLs,
  • permissions management,
  • free extension.

Any comments or feedback is welcome!

91 Responses to “Magento: CMS pages in a tree structure”

1. Dax Davis says:

Does this offer a way to have a menu on the frontend in the left navigation?

• Johann Reinke says:

Currently, you can retrieve the tree in top navigation only. You’ll have to do it manually for the left column taking inspiration from _renderCmsMenuItemHtml() method of Clever_Catalog_Block_Navigation block class. BTW, it could be a good enhancement for the extension, I’ll think about it.

• demijoh says:

It is possible. Copy top.phtml from app\design\frontend\default\clever\template\catalog\navigation to your theme (my is app\design\frontend\YOUR_COMPANY\YOUR_THEME\template\catalog\navigation) and rename it to cms-menu.phtml (we need original top.phtml for top menu links).
      Then you need add this code to some XML layout file:

it depends on when you want show this menu. Put it on correct layout file and handler. I am displaying CMS menu only when user is viewing CMS page, so I put that XML block to cms.xml and inside the cms_page_view handler.

I also comment out this line from cms-menu.phtml:
      $_menu = $this->renderCategoriesMenuHtmlClever(0, $_categoriesIsLast, true, ‘level-top’);
      because I want show only links to CMS pages not to shop categories (they are on original top.phtml)…

And off course you must style this new menu.

Sry for my English.

• kiat says:

I also needed to have a menu but shows on the CMS parent page. I created a simple block for it. See

The identifier is the field *URL key* in *Page Information*. You also need to select *Yes* for *Include in Navigation Menu*. The example code is to be placed in *Layout Update XML* in the *Design* tab. Select *2 columns with left bar* in the *Layout* field to place the menu block in the left panel of your CMS page.

To install:
      Create a file call Menu.php and copy paste the contents from pastebin. Place the file in app\code\community\JR\CleverCms\Block\Cms\Page\Menu.php

• kiat says:

Example code:

[reference name="left"]
        [block type="jr_clevercms/cms_page_menu" name="menu_left"]
        [action method="setIdentifier"][identifier]faqs[/identifier][/action]

replace [ ] to

2. dakini says:

Absolutely great extension. Love it. thanks very much for that.

3. Andreas says:

Very nice work! I have one question though. What are the reasons you providing your own adminhtml override ?

We’are already overriding the admin files ourselves because we wanted to change the layout, images, css etc. We unfortunately have to copy all those changes over to the ‘clever’ catalog as well. Do you have any ideas of how we could avoid that?

Best regards!

4. rami says:

Thanks for the extension!
    When cache is ON, the active class in the menu doesnt move to the active page link.

5. Eric says:

Is there a way to list subpages on a parent page?
    Thanks for a great extension!

• Johann Reinke says:

You can easily retrieve children pages of a page with $page->getChildren()

• Jakob says:

hi johann! thx allot for this…but i still have problems to retrieve the deeper levels in the navigation with your template…how has to look the whole code in the template if i want to show level0 –> level1 –> level2 ?

6. Mangouste says:

I would like to retrieve the pages already on my site and put these into tabs clever I would follow the march thank you

7. Franco says:

Hi there,

After installing clever cms looks like I’ve lost redirection to 404 custom pages. The pages are still in admin and still reachable frontend if I type but when I type an incorrect url I get the message “There was no 404 CMS page configured or found.”

Default web values are:

Default Web URL cms
    CMS Home Page Home
    Default No-route URL cms/index/noRoute
    CMS No Route Page Page not found

Any ideas why?

• Miriam says:

Hi, I got the same problem. Did you find a solution for the missing 404 Page?

• Chrish says:

I’m also wondering about the 404 issue – I’ve re/checked my config settings for the 404 page and all seems correct…

This is also resulting in the following error:

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /app/code/community/JR/CleverCms/Helper/Cms/Page.php on line 19

8. Super boulot !
    Nous applaudissons en interne !

9. We recently installed your plug in on a client’s site. The plug in works on the back end, however for some reason the custom index page we designed is now gone.

The content doesn’t show at all.

Has anyone else had this problem? What could be causing this????

10. sietze says:

Great plugin!
    Thanks for sharing.. this saved me a lot of time..

11. GLOKAL says:

How can I manage cms pages in more languages?

12. geed says:

Wonderful extension, really great work, thank you!
    Only thing that dos not work is: the link to the home page does not appear in top navigation. All other links to the activated cms pages are displayed except home link :( The setting option in the backend “Include in Navigation Menu” is showing “yes” and the select field is grey/deactivated. Where is my mistake? Thank you very much for your help.

13. Igor says:

How can I generate automatically url for russian language ?

• Johann Reinke says:

I don’t know sorry. Url key is generated like Magento does for categories:
      $str = Mage::helper(‘core’)->removeAccents($identifier); // $identifier is cms page identifier
      $urlKey = preg_replace(‘#[^0-9a-z]+#i’, ‘-‘, $str);
      $urlKey = strtolower($urlKey);
      $urlKey = trim($urlKey, ‘-‘);

Any suggestion is welcomed.

14. Liam Potter says:

Hi Johann, first of thanks for this extension, works really well.

Now onto my problem, I’ve put the navigation in the left sidebar on my design, but what I’m trying to do is have it only display sub pages of the currently active page. For example, if I goto the About Us page on the left I want the navigation to show only the subpage of About Us.

I managed to modify Navigation.php to show only child pages but that was showing all the child pages, not just for the current page, so I undid that.

I would appreciate any help or advice you can give.

15. I am unable to get the menu navigation to display in Magento

is there any special technique to this?

I even overrode the default top.phtml with the one given but still no menu item’s visible.

16. Guo says:

I have the below error when I install it anyone got any idea how to solve this?

Invalid method Netzarbeiter_GroupsCatalog_Block_Navigation::renderCategoriesMenuHtmlClever(Array
    [0] => 0
    [1] => 1
    [2] => 1
    [3] => level-top

• Johann Reinke says:

Sorry I don’t know the module Netzarbeiter_GroupsCatalog but it seems to override the same block class as mine and take the priority. You have to solve this conflict manually.

17. Nils says:

Recently installed your module on 1.6 and everything was fine. Now, in Backend, the left panel is not loading anymore. In fact, i think no files from /clever/ are loaded at all in adminhtml.

Do you know what could be wrong?

18. Geert says:

First of all, nice work!!! But, it would be cool if we could disable the editor.

19. Diana says:

Excelent extension and nice work! You saved me lots of time, so I thank you.

20. Taunais says:

En y regardant de plus près, c’est trois tables qui sont crées si je ne me trompe pas.

Bon job en tout cas

21. Baoutch says:

This is excellent,
    C’est excellent.

Mais malheureusement nous rencontrons quelques problèmes sur la version 1.7 de Magento. La page 404 semble devenir inexistante lorsque le module est activé et toutes les urls fausses sont re-routées sur la homepage.

Nous avons alors voulu désactiver le module et là manque de bol toutes les pages créés lorsque le module est activé ont disparu et on retrouve les pages d’origine magento.

Voili voilou et merci tout de même parce qu’une fois au point ce module sera sans aucun doute indispensable.

22. Baoutch says:

En fait c’est DEJA une extension indispensable. Il fallait reconfigurer la 404 dans la partie Système -> Configuration -> Web -> Default pages

Je ne peux effacer mon com précédent mais le coeur y est.

MERCI pour l’extension!

• Ccile says:

@baoutch en espérant que tu repasses par là, sinon les autres…:

j’ai le même pb que toi sur les erreurs 404 mais je n’arrive pas à la reconfigurer. Peux-tu m’indiquer l’URL Key de ta page CMS “404 not found” et ce que tu as mis dans les champs de Système > configuration > web > Default page ?

Par avance merci.

23. Ccile says:

j’ai installé l’extension; elle est très bien pour ce que je souhaite faire.

Cependant je me heurte à un petit problème (bug ou incompréhension de ma part ?):

Tant que je n’active pas la gestion des droits, tout marche à merveille. Si j’active la gestion des droits, Magento n’arrive pas à trouver ma page cms 404 Not found (bien que celle-ci existe). Je désactive la gestion des droit: elle réapparaît.

Une idée ?

24. Yuriy says:

You save me saveral days of my live !!
    Especial respect for github repo – magento connect must die :-)

25. Detlev says:

Your extension ist really great! Thank you so much. I’m using Magento 1.7 with clever 1.2.1, but I won’t get the CMS-navigation included in the top-navigation (I bet you are aware of this issue).

There is a new version on github but I did not get it to work. Even though I installed modgit (with obstacles due to openSSL-Server certificate problems). Your new version has a different folder structure and Magento does not understand, that it ist installed. The installation with modgit had problems with Magento-folder structure in general.

So please put the latest version on magentocommerce. And you people out there donate some bucks for this guy (I did). He earns it.

• Johann Reinke says:

I can tell you that CleverCms v2 is compatible with Magento 1.7, I am currently using it (installed with modgit).
      I won’t use Magento Connect anymore because of heavy update procedures and approvals.

Thanks for the donation ;)

• Detlev says:

Hi Johann,
        Yes, I suppose, that CleverCms is compatible, since you mentioned it on github. So what am I doing wrong:
        1. Uninstall Version 1.2 using MagentoConnectManager.
        2. Now I get an Error: Invalid method Mage_Catalog_Block_Navigation::renderCmsMenuHtml (that’s OK, I’m using the clever Theme, that uses the Clever Methods. And those are not available, after uninstall)
        3. Go to the console in the Magento directory and enter the stuff I got here:
        4. modgit init throws: Could not create .modgit directory – thats OK, because I tried this before and the .modgit directory already exists.
        5. modgit clone … throws: A module with this name has already been cloned. – That’s OK too, because modgit is right. I tried this before.
        6. Change the clever-Theme to default-Theme (to remove the error)
        7. There is no cleverCms neither in the frontend nore in the backend.
        But I need it – it is so good – what am I supposed to do?
        Thanks for any help

• Johann Reinke says:

You should try a modgit remove before cloning again.

• Detlev says:

Hi Johann,
            now it works – thank you!
            I removed the whole Magento, deleted the database and reinstalled Magento and the german language pack. Then I modgit-installed clever-cms and I saw nothing. Then I changed the theme to “clever” and everything was fine :-)
            I bet it was not necessary to delete the whole Magento, changing the theme solved the problem.
            Great work!

26. Max says:

i can confirm it works on my Magento CE 1.7 install (no SSL).
    all i did was download the zip (v 2.1.5 ?) from github, unpacked, put files in proper places (i even localised the fr_FR csv file), and it worked.
    just bare in mind to select if you want your pages to show or not in the navigation menu.
    great work!
    p.s. any chance for hints on how to extend it to specify customers IDs in addition to groups?

27. Adam says:

Loving the extension, first time magento user, was surprised I couldn’t create sub-pages as standard, so very happy to find your work.

I have notice though that pages created in the cms since installing the extension aren’t adding the pagetitle to the page as an h1 by default anymore, there a setting I’ve missed?

28. Carlos says:

Congratulations for the extension Johann! I’m using it on Magento CE 1.7 and it’s working properly.

Is there a way to show an option in the menu for the home page?

29. Stephan says:

Hi there.

I had the same problem like Eric, that my frontpage is gone. Now I can change in System > Configuration > Web > Default Pages what ever I want nothing happens.

Whats wrong? Thanks a lot.

30. Stephan says:

forgot something: I can change the content of “Home” but my frontpage is still shwos my old homepage. The first-link “Home Page” of cms-menu block goes to Version is Thank you for a hint.

31. Aurelien says:

there are things I do not understand
    I create a page in “all store views” scope, linking it with all store views in the form
    It creates in DB 1 row for page (with store_id = 0) and the right “page-store” links
    but when I switch to a specific store view scope, all my pages disappear in the tree…

32. Fergus says:

Hi there,

Looks like a very interesting extension, providing some must-have functionality that for some reason is not present in the standard build.

The features list of v2 on github mentions frontend navigation, but I can’t find any info anywhere on how that works/looks. Is there something somewhere that has that information?

33. Bren says:

Hi Johann! Greeeeeeat extension. I’m using it in a Magento store we’re about to launch. I’ve just struck one issue though. The client needs an extra content area on each page – which I’ve managed to add using the instructions at The only issue I have now is that because your extension uses a different table, the data is not being saved to the right place! If I add data to my new custom_content field in the database it shows up both in the admin AND in the front end just fine – but I cannot change/edit it as the code they’ve provided writes to the standard table. Can you see any way I can adjust their code to work with your new tables?

I have contacted them via comments and a direct contact on their contact form but haven’t had any joy thus far – and we’re getting pretty close to launch!

any thoughts?

34. Eric says:

Thanks for this great extension! It does exactly what I want except for SEO reasons I’d like the URLs of children pages to not change.
    So rather than shop-url/page1/page2 I want it to stay shop-url/page2

Can you help me with that?

35. Eric says:

Please ignore my previous question. I had to uninstall the extension because it messed up a premium theme on one of my multi stores.

36. Rudi says:

Great extension – thanks for making this available!

Question: we have some 350 CMS pages, neatly organized in a tree with CleverCMS.
    Now we want to copy the entire tree with pages to a new store view.
    Is there a way to do this (now it seems like we need to copy the ‘flat’ CMS pages and re-establish the tree structure in the new store view – which is a lot of manual work).

Your assistance would be appreciated.

• Johann Reinke says:

Hmm not an easy task.
      I think you have to write a shell script that take the root page of your source store, then make a recursion on getChildren(), change the store_id, update the parent_id, clear the path, and save.
      Should be something like that :)

37. Nevil says:

How do I uninstall? I have some problems with an other plugin (Mageparts CMS). The extra tabs that have been added to editting a content page are now gone because of installing your plugin. Can you help me please?

• Johann Reinke says:

You have different ways to uninstall it:
      – “modgit remove” if you used modgit during installation
      – or disable the extension in app/etc/modules/JR_CleverCms.xml
      – or remove all files that belongs to CleverCms (you have the list here:

• i_am says:

After, I remove all files that belongs to CleverCms:
        a:5:{i:0;s:115:”Invalid method Mage_Page_Block_Html_Topmenu::renderCategoriesMenuHtml(Array
        [0] => 0
        [1] => level-top
        )”;i:1;s:4344:”#0 /public_html/work/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/navigation/top.phtml(42): Varien_Object->__call(‘renderCategorie…’, Array)
        #1 /public_html/work/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/navigation/top.phtml(42): Mage_Page_Block_Html_Topmenu->renderCategoriesMenuHtml(0, ‘level-top’)
        #2 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include(‘/pu…’)
        #3 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(‘frontend/base/d…’)
        #4 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
        #5 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
        #6 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
        #7 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
        #8 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(582): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
        #9 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(526): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(‘topMenu’, true)
        #10 /public_html/work/app/design/frontend/default/entermd/template/page/html/header.phtml(11): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(‘topMenu’)
        #11 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include(‘/pu…’)
        #12 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(‘frontend/defaul…’)
        #13 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
        #14 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
        #15 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(582): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
        #16 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(526): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(‘header’, true)
        #17 /public_html/work/app/design/frontend/default/entermd/template/page/2columns-right.phtml(16): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(‘header’)
        #18 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include(‘/pu…’)
        #19 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(‘frontend/defaul…’)
        #20 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
        #21 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
        #22 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(555): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
        #23 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(390): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
        #24 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(137): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
        #25 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(52): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->_renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), ‘1’)
        #26 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(45): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), ‘1’)
        #27 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction()
        #28 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(‘index’)
        #29 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
        #30 /public_html/work/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
        #31 /public_html/work/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
        #32 /public_html/work/index.php(87): Mage::run(”, ‘store’)
        #33 {main}”;s:3:”url”;s:1:”/”;s:11:”script_name”;s:10:”/index.php”;s:4:”skin”;s:2:”en”;}

38. Andrew says:

I’m new to Magento and installed your extension. I have the page menu displayed in the left sidebar, however it shows all pages under Home as well as at the top level.

How can i remove the pages from being subs of the home?

• Johann Reinke says:

You can define a different homepage in Magento configuration. This will allow you to specify any cms page as home page, you will be able to organize the tree as you wish.

39. Bo Dudek says:

After installing and using the extension for a period in a multistore setup together with the Aitoc Advanced Permissions v2.3.9, I’ve not got some issues.

When I log into the Magento as administrator, I can see all pages no matter what store I am editing – works like a charm.

But if I log in as a store owner (still in Magento) I can in general see my store content, but under the CMS > Pages the page either changes to my Dashboard or shows me the Dashboard including the menu in the content-area – so I have to top + navigation + content.

I’ve tried to uninstall the Clever CMS extension completely to go back, and this works.. but then I loose all of my created pages.

Bo Dudek

40. Judder says:

Quick question – I’m trying to build my own navigation block for my CMS pages however as block type core/template, all CMS functions are returning NULL

For example: $this->getCurrentCmsPage();

Should I be using cms/page or cms/block as the block type instead to try and get this information?

Many thanks!

• Judder says:

FYI core/template is correct, you have to use Mage::getSingleton(‘cms/page’) to get the page to work with it.

For example: $pageChildren = Mage::getSingleton(‘cms/page’)->getChildren();

41. Jagesh says:

How to show specific child tree as a menu?

for eg: i want to show specific cms child tree
    Home (29)
    -Privacy Policy (0)
    -404 Not Found 1 (0)
    -Hardwood Artisans (0)
    i want to show only Hardwood Artisans (0) childs tree without parent.
    Please advice

42. Mai Tran says:

Is there any similar method to organize static block in tree structure. Thanks

43. Luke says:

I have to say i’ve stumbled on a gold mine with this blog, so many great posts! I’ve just installed the extension and was wondering if you have any plans to release an update with the same permissions structure for static blocks as this would be really handy for a variety of reasons for those operating both wholesale and retail from the same shop as i’m sure it would be for a wide variety of applications.

44. Tom says:

dear Johann,
    thank you very much for the beautiful extension. I have installed it in magento it works like a charm in the admin interface. but going to the website, it just takes away even my existing navigation. your help would be highly appreciated.

45. Jagesh says:

Is it possible toshow specific tree structure
    for eg:

i want to show cmapage1 for one theme and i want to show cmspage2 for another theme.
    i dont want to show both at a time or in a same theme.
    Please advice

46. Adam says:

Hello Johann,

thx for your great work, i like the clever cms a lot and I’m using it already in one shop. For another project i’m using Magento Version Is your extension working for this version? On github there is no download for 1.7*

I’ve already tried another version and it works in the backend, however i did not managed to show up cms-page in the header-navigation and i excactly did the same like in the other shop. Please answer

Cheers and best regards from Germany

47. Ollie says:

Hey Johann

Can you currently suggest whether there is a method of calling up only a particular subtree (I have the pages structured in the left menu but the secondary level are currently sit below ALL top level pages)?

Say only showing Menu 2 when the tree structure is as:

– Menu 1
    — Submenu 1
    – Menu 2
    — Submenu 2
    — Submenu 2.1
    – Menu 3

Cheers in advance

48. Nad says:

Ce module est super, cette possibilité de hirarchiser son contenu devrait faire partie des fonctionnalités de bases de magento.
    Cependant je rencontre un petit soucis avec mon second magasin, qui avait ses pages propres et également des pages communes avec le premier. Plus aucune page de ce magasin n’est visible ni dans l’admin, ni en front-end? Est-ce prévu? Il y a-t-il une solution? Que puis-je faire? Merci.

49. Leon says:

We have Clever 2.1.2 and it is not compatible with latest version. We cant change content in the backend. How can we solve this? Do we need to upgrade?